There are many American dishes that are iconic and well known all over the world. From burgers and fries to apple pie and cheesecake, these dishes have become a part of American culture. Here is a list of 10 iconic American dishes that you should try at least once!
1. Apple Pie – This classic dessert is made with a flaky pastry crust and filled with a sweet, spiced apple filling. It is often served with a scoop of ice cream or whipped cream on top.
2. Cheeseburger – A cheeseburger is a burger that includes cheese as one of the toppings. The cheese is usually melted on top of the burger patty and can be made with any type of cheese.
3. Chicken Fried Steak – This dish is made by coating a steak in a batter and then frying it until it is crispy. It is often served with mashed potatoes, gravy, and vegetables.
5. Chili – Chili is a hearty stew that is made with beans, meat, and tomatoes. It is often seasoned with chili powder and other spices.
6. Cornbread – This type of bread is made with cornmeal and is traditionally served as a side dish. It can be made sweet or savory and is often served with butter or honey.
7. Crab Cakes – Crab cakes are made with crab meat, bread crumbs, and spices. They are usually fried or baked and served with a sauce or dressing.
8. Fried Chicken – Fried chicken is chicken that has been coated in a batter and then fried until it is crispy. It is often served with mashed potatoes, gravy, and vegetables.
9. Pancakes – Pancakes are made with flour, milk, eggs, and baking powder. They are usually served with butter and syrup or honey.
10. Pizza – Pizza is a popular dish that is made with dough, sauce, and toppings. The toppings can include anything from pepperoni to pineapple.
American cuisine is a melting pot of different cultures and traditions. While there are regional variations, these 10 iconic American dishes are found in kitchens across the country. From comfort food to international favorites, we’ve got something for everyone on this list. What’s your favorite American dish?